Rachel S. Upshaw, Attorney
Rachel S. Upshaw has been helping to protect Nashville families since 2006. She graduated from the Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law in Memphis, during which time she clerked for the Honorable Judge Karen R. Williams. Once she graduated, Rachel went to work for another Middle Tennessee law firm, before finding a home at Miller Upshaw Family Law, PLLC.
Over the years, Rachel has been honored with a number of awards for her work with clients, and has been a member of the Lawyers Association for Women and the Belmont American Inn of Court. In May of 2017, she traveled to Washington, D.C. with the nonprofit organization ZERO TO THREE, to advocate on behalf of Tennessee families. During that trip, she made a passionate call for greater flexibility in maternity leave, as well as extolling the benefits of increased access to quality child care and pediatric care.
Family first, at work and at home
When Rachel isn’t in the office fighting for her clients’ families, you can find her spending time with her own. She and her husband love to travel, and hope to instill this love in their young children. You might also see her hiking along some of Tennessee’s beautiful parks and trails.
Areas of Practice
Professional Associations and Memberships
Awards and Honors
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. 10 Best for Client Satisfaction, 2015 — Present
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, 2019 – Present
- National Academy Of Family Law Attorneys, Top 10 Attorneys Under 40, 2016
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel, Nation’s Top One Percent, 2015
- ASCAP Nathan Burkan Memorial Writing Competition at University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, 1st place
Publications and Lectures
- Belmont University College of Law American Inn of Court, “Non-Compete Agreements,” 2015
Past Employment Positions
- DuBois, DuBois & Bates, PC, Associate Attorney, 2006 – 2008
- Honorable Judge Karen R. Williams, Law Clerk, 2005 – 2006